Google lime scholarship is available for all students across the universe. this is the long-awaited opportunity that shape and sharpen students in the world of technology . Google lime scholarship program aims to inspire and help students become future leaders in computing and technology by breaking down the barriers that prevent them from entering these fields. As part of Google’s commitment, they’ve partnered with Lime Connect, a nonprofit organization that supports students with disabilities while they pursue education and promising careers, to help university students with disabilities world toward their academics goals in the field of computer science. Google Lime Scholarship selected students will receive 10,000USD (for those studying in the US) or 5, CAD (for those studying in Canada) for the 2020-2021 school year and will be invited to attend the Google Scholars’ Retreat at the Googleplex in Mountain View, California, in Summer 2020.
Benefits of the Google Lime Scholarship Award
However, Google Lime Scholarship selected candidates will also be considered for software engineering internship opportunities with Google. Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of candidates’ academic background and a demonstrated passion for computer science – $10,000 for those studying in the US and $5,000 for those studying in Canada (based on tuition costs).
Eligibility Requirements for Google Lime Scholarship:
2020 Scholarship Applicants must match the following criteria:
- A current undergraduate, graduate or Ph.D. student enrolled at a university in the U.S. or Canada (freshmen/first years and international students studying in the U.S. or Canada are eligible to apply); and also
- Continuing current studies or intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a new program (e.g., graduating and pursuing an advanced degree) at a university in the U.S. or Canada in the 2020-2021 academic year
- Pursuing a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field (such as software engineering; or electrical engineering with a heavy computer science course load)
- Maintaining a strong academic performance
- A student with a visible or invisible disability (defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term, or recurring, issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider to be a daily function); this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a commitment to and passion for computer science and technology
- Previous Google Lime Scholars are unfortunately not able to be considered
- This scholarship is not open to current high school students
How to apply:
When the application is open, you can apply by logging into, or joining, The Lime Network. There, you’ll find the link to our online application system where you will provide:
- Contact, education and experience information
- Current resume & unofficial transcripts
- Four essays – this is your opportunity to show us your passion for computer science
- One letter of recommendation from professors, advisers or supervisors (names and email addresses of references must be entered by the application deadline – letters of recommendation themselves are due one week later)
The application deadline is Thursday, December 5th, 2019 at midnight PST / 3am PST.